Happy tasty Tuesday!
Cassie shared a wonderful recipe over at her darling blog today, so make sure you visit her to check it out!
Today I am stepping off of my beloved chocolate peanut butter dessert train and giving you something savory and delicious! The photo from the post basically gives you the step by step, so grab your ingredients, which can vary according to your personal tastes, and put together a delicious dinner! I included my own version of the recipe below. So without further ado,
Pizza pull apart bread
I made it using different ingredients, so I am sharing my version here. I sort of just used ingredients without measuring, so use whatever you want in any measurement, or check the original post for better measurements.
1 1/2 cans refrigerated biscuits
1lb sweet Italian chicken sausage, casing removed and cooked
soft goat cheese
shredded white cheddar cheese
1 stick butter, melted
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Separate the biscuits, and use a knife to make a slit in one of the sides.
- Carefully make a pocket inside the biscuit.
- Spread a dab of goat cheese in the bottom of the pocket, spoon in some sausage, pour in a little marinara, and top with shredded cheese.
- Pinch the sides of the pocket together, sealing completely.
- Repeat steps 2-5 until all of the biscuits are now pizza pockets.
- Mix the Italian seasoning and garlic into the butter, then dip each pizza pocket, and place in the bundt pan vertically. Pour remaining butter mixture over pockets.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and no longer doughy between each pocket. I found my pockets turned golden brown on the outer edge, but the sides that were mushed together stayed a little doughy, which was fine by me.
- Allow pan to cool for 5 minutes, then carefully place a plate on top of the pan, and invert, removing the pull apart bread from the pan.
- Pull apart and enjoy a super yummy dinner!