Yes, I realize it isn't Tuesday, but I have been enjoying this recipe and wanted to share it with you! Forgive me for changing the days? OK, good. I knew you would rather have a recipe on a random day, than not.
Since joining the Tone It Up Bikini Series, I have been eating a ton of healthier food. I mean, something like 80% of weight loss comes from your diet, right? Because I was running and biking my little heart out, but eating all sorts of crap that counteracted the exercise and left me at the same weight, or worse, gaining.
Well, thankfully there are a ton of recipes from the TIU community for healthy, tasty food. Even the bikini series welcome pack came with a few recipes to try, so of course I had to put my own spin on one. And yes, it's healthy and delicious!
|Via Tone It Up Bikini Series starter pack|
Hawaiian chicken burgers with portabello caps
1lb 97% lean ground chicken breast
1/2 cup egg whites
1/2 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
2 tbsp crushed pineapple
2 tsp maple syrup
6 portobello mushroom caps
6 tbsp soyaki sauce (or teriyake)onion powder, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper, or other seasonings to taste
- Heat oven to 375F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with foil, and spray with non-stick spray.
- Combine chicken, egg whites, breadcrumbs, pineapple, syrup and seasonings to taste. It will be very liquidy, but that's cool.
- Use your hands to form 6 patties and place on the baking sheet. I sort of scooped up a handful and plopped it onto the baking sheet where it kept a patty sort of shape.
- Pull out the stem from the portobello caps, place bottom up on baking sheet. Add 1/2 tbsp of soyaki sauce to each cap.
- Bake chicken patties and mushrooms for 20 minutes, flipping half way through cooking time.
- Pull both sheets out of oven and top chicken patties with 1/2 tbsp soyaki sauce each.
- Serve warm, with your choice of sides. I ate my chicken patty on a mushroom cap open face style, and had a salad and a side of quinoa with it. I'm sure it would be awesome on a good bun if carbs are a part of your diet.